Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkis

August 4th, 2011 - Speak
Synopsis: Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris-until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

First, I'd like to apologize that there were no posts last week. That was because i didn't want to NOW MOVING ON.

So, like all of my book reviews, this is going to pretty short and sweet.

First off, I love romance. I love love. I love sweet things.

But I seriously thought I wasn't going to be able to get into this book. I thought it was going to be so sappy. And for the first few pages-just judging by the writing-I was convinced that I was right. I kept reading though, because the characters and PARIS!!!!!!!!!! were made so interesting.

Then I couldn't stop reading.

The up's! The down's! The wonderful ending that made me smile so hard that I couldn't stop!

This book was as delicious as a Parisian crescent filled with cream and as entertaining as watching a boy with an English accent trying to say "Fo shiz" in an American way. It was hilarious and it was beautifully written. My favorite character was Etienne. Everything he did was just so inviting. But best of all: BRITISH ACCENT!

It definitely wouldn't be as wonderful if it weren't set in such a wonderful city as Paris though. The backdrop for the romance was just wonderful. It made me want to tour the streets. The food was described in such great detail that I had to keep from drooling on the pages, and the cinemas that Anna liked to visit for her movie reviews were very enchanting, and the School of America was just so fantastic in itself.

But above all, it was the love story that won me over. It was like riding a roller coaster getting there, but it just made it more realistic, and the ending more sweet.

I definitely recommend this book, especially to anyone who likes British boys, Paris, or any type of romance.

See ya on Friday!
-Aaron :)

1 comment:

American Songwriter said...

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm always looking for great books to read. Looks like I gotta make a trip to the library now...:)

Keep making those funny reviews! (:

~American Songwriter (haha, I feel like a stalker. XD Don't worry, I'm not--I was looking for a blog with book reviews and found yours :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...