Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


December 1st, 2009 - Little, Brown
Synopsis: There were no surprises in Gatlin County
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. WhenLena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

First of all, sorry I missed last week's posts, but I'll make up for it with something that's awesome (if you haven't already seen it) on Friday.

Anyway, I liked this book. Main word here: "LIKED". I didn't love it.

I did like the love story in it, though I kind of felt that Ethan was a little unbelievable as a male in a relationship. He seemed to be kind of a conundrum. He liked hard rock, and watches a horror film marathon on Halloween, and he's on the basketball team, and yet, he's this really, really sensitive guy. I felt kind of like, "What?" when it came to him.

As a matter of fact, I kind of felt like that with the whole book. The ending left me with this "Whaaaaat?" feeling.

The characters were fun, the use of magic was cool, but some things went unexplained, were confusing, or just plain "Whaat?"

So, this book was "Whaaat?" in my opinion.

The one thing I did like about it was how multi-faceted it was. It never was boring and it kept on getting more in-depth. So, yep.

Also, I like this quote:
'Mrs. Lincoln was a rage-aholic, on a mission, with a network-a dangerous combination. When we were in the eighth grade, Mrs. Lincoln ripped the cable box out of the wall because she found Link watching a Harry Potter movie, a series she campaigned to ban from the Gatlin County Library because she thought it provoked witchcraft.' (I like this because it reminds me of my mom :D)

:)

See ya on Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...