Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick

October 13th, 2009 - Simon & Schuster Summary: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and his eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgement.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen-and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Since on Wednesday I posted about something non-book review-ish, I'm posting my book review for HUSH, HUSH, tonight.

I'm going to say that HUSH, HUSH wasn't great, but it was really, really good!

Nora was a fantastic main character to read about, and, in fact, she's a really great main character-reminds me a little of Beatrice from DIVERGENT, how easy to understand and read about she was.

At first, Patch kind of ticked me off. He was a bit rude to Nora, and he acted as if that were sexy, which to me was just jerk-ish.

One thing that also annoyed me was how long it took for Patch to finally confess that he was a fallen angel, which I thought was pretty DUH, considering the cover, and the prologue, which has to do with Nephilim and fallen angels.

Ms. Fitzpatrick's writing style was really, really great. It reminded me a little of NEVERMORE by Kelly Creagh, what with how it surrounded a teenage girls who hangs out with a dark guy, and is alone a lot.

It's a really great read. One thing that I absolutely adored was Nora's best friend, Vee.... OMG! She was so absolutely, ridiculously funny! I'm not putting a quote up because anything she said, could be used as quote. ANYTHING. She was just hilarious! And then ending was a really great! There were some intense nail-biter scenes, and that was a huge one. Fantastic! I already bought CRESCENDO, and I'm just about to jump into it.

Anyway, happy reading!

-Aaron

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...