Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fav's of 2011: Part I

Alright, so..... My resolution to be better about blogging is already failing. I couldn't blog on Friday and yesterday was awful. So no.... Sorry.

Anyway, I'm making three lists for 2011/2012. 5 fav books of 2011 (whether published or not published in 2011), 5 fav songs to write to in 2011, and 5 fav books I'm looking forward to for 2012.

I'll do the first right now, the second tomorrow (Monday), and the third on Tuesday. This won't interfere with my weekly book review on Wednesday.

Well, the first is 5 fav books of 2011 (whether published or not published in 2011):


1. THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins. Of course! Now anytime I hear people talk about it in public I'm like:


2. DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth. Wow.... Just wow. That book was SO FREAKING GOOD. It was also the most violent book I've ever read (for those who've read it: really!??!?! A butter knife, Peter!?) I wanted to brutally murder the villain, which I think was the point, I wanted to hug the protagonist, and Tobias couldn't be more awesome... *sigh*, just brilliant awesomeness! Can't wait for her sequel, INSURGENT!

3. NEVERMORE by Kelly Creagh. This was an interesting read because it was advertised as this paranormal-filled novel with tons of Edgar Allen Poe creatures in it. But I thought most of it was more relationship and internal conflict, which I would typically hate. But Creagh's writing-style, paired with her wonderfully addictive characters just made me love. I cannot wait until August to find out what happens to Isobel and Varen next!

4. THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett. Oh, this book was so, so, so, so, so, so, so good! It was so powerful and just a wonderful read.

5. HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick. This wasn't a light read, but it wasn't a heavy one. I really liked it-didn't worship it, but I really, really liked it. I don't know. There was just something about it that made me appreciate the characters and the uniqueness of it. :)

Happy Sunday!

-Aaron

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...